8 SEO Software for Agencies: Used and Reviewed by SEO Expert
If you stumbled upon this article, you are probably looking for the best SEO software products for agencies.
There are a lot of software products for SaaS and B2B agencies on the market. How to choose the one suitable for your business?
As a marketer and an SEO expert, I’ve worked with several agencies, helping them improve their performance in organic search results. In particular, I’ve partnered with UX design, product design, and software development agencies worldwide.
I wrote this article to share my list of SEO software for agencies that I’ve personally used for keyword research, SEO tracking, and technical and on-page SEO. These are established SEO tools you’ve most likely heard of and new agency SEO software.
Semrush is a comprehensive SEO tool that provides keyword research, competitor analysis, backlink analysis, site auditing, rank tracking, and more. It offers a range of features suitable for agencies, including multi-user management, client reporting, and project collaboration.
Together with Ahrefs, Semrush is one of the most popular go-to SEO software for agencies.
I’ve used Semrush for keyword research, website performance tracking, and technical site audit. They also have a powerful SEO writing assistant, helping writers create optimized content faster.
- Powerful toolkit for online marketing, including SEO, social media, content marketing, and paid ads.
- SEMrush provides robust keyword research capabilities, allowing you to find relevant keywords, analyze their search volume, competition, and trends, and identify valuable opportunities to target
- With SEMrush, you can analyze your competitors’ websites, including their organic and paid search strategies, top-performing keywords, backlinks, and more. This information can help you gain insights and develop effective strategies to outperform your competitors.
- Traffic estimates are not always accurate.
- Technical SEO recommendations might be challenging to understand.
- It may take some time to learn and navigate Semrush effectively.
Free version: Ahrefs Webmasters Tools with limited functionality for websites verified through GSC
Pricing: From $99/m for a Lite plan
Ahrefs is one of my favorite keyword research and keyword tracking tools for agencies. I’ve used Ahrefs to grow my website from 0 to 6,000+ visitors per month in 2 years. So, I can assure you can rely on Ahrefs keyword traffic, difficult and potential estimates.
Ahrefs can also help you quickly discover and assess your competitors. You can simply check your competitors’ DR (domain rating) and top-performing pages report to understand whether they get organic search traffic.
I also recommend using Ahrefs to steal competitors’ keywords if they have the potential for your business and your website does not rank for them yet.
- Ahrefs is widely recognized for its robust backlink analysis capabilities. It provides comprehensive data on backlinks, including the number of referring domains, anchor text, link quality, and more.
- Ahrefs offers a powerful keyword research tool that provides insights into search volume, keyword difficulty, click-through rates, and more. You can discover new keyword opportunities and assess their potential value for your SEO efforts.
- Ahrefs offers rank tracking capabilities, allowing you to monitor your website’s performance in search engine rankings for specific keywords. You can track your progress over time and assess the effectiveness of your optimization efforts.
- Ahrefs can charge you additionally if you consume all available credits in your paid pan.
- Traffic estimates are not always accurate.
- The free version for website owners is very limited.
Frase.io is an AI-powered content optimization tool that helps you create SEO-friendly content that ranks higher in organic search results. It does this by analyzing the top search results for your target keywords and providing you with insights into what content is working well and what you can do to improve your own content.
There are many AI tools for SEO, but Frase.io is one of the most trustworthy SEO software for agencies and individual content creators.
I tested Frase.io back in August 2022 to measure the impact of AI-generated content on SEO and its performance. I even wrote an in-depth Frase.io review to help you learn more about the tool.
This article about SEO for startups was entirely written and optimized by Frase.io. I picked a keyword with medium competition and decent traffic potential. If I were to write and optimize this article, it would have reached the top-ranking positions. However, I was curious to find out how the AI-generated and optimized content would perform.
Here is how the Frase.io written and optimized article has been performing since August 2022:
I spent roughly one hour creating and optimizing this article using Frase.io. The tool is easy to comprehend and navigate around.
As expected, the article did not perform well in organic search results. It ranks for a few keywords only somewhere on the 5th search engine result page. You can also see that impressions dropped in June 2023. I assume it happened after Google’s algorithm update.
So, if you want to rely entirely on AI tools to write and optimize content for rankings, it won’t work.
However, you can use tools like Frase.io to speed up your work and get some content ideas.
- In-depth SERP research to help you understand what content is working well for your target keywords and what you can do to improve your own content.
- A content scoring tool that can help you assess the quality of your content.
- A collaboration tool that makes it easy to work with others on your content. This can be helpful if you are working with a team or if you need feedback from others.
- Don’t entirely rely on the Frase.io AI generator for content writing. It won’t be able to reach the desired rankings. I recommend using the tool to complement your writing.
- While Frase.io offers integrations with popular content management systems (CMS) and tools, the available options might not cover all platforms.
- Premium features cost $35 extra per month.
4. Screaming Frog
Free version: Crawl up to 500 URLs
Pricing: $259 per year; there are no monthly plans.
Screaming Frog is a website crawler and SEO audit tool. It is a popular tool among SEO professionals and web developers.
Screaming Frog can crawl websites and extract information about the website’s structure, content, and metadata. This information can then be used to audit the website for SEO issues.
It’s one of the best SEO software for agencies with a free version, which provides many insights for site owners.
If your website has under 500 URLs, you can get a detailed overview of your site health, which includes broken backlinks, redirects, errors, page titles and meta descriptions, duplicate pages, and hreflang attributes. You can also generate the sitemap using Screaming Frog.
However, if you are an agency with a big website, I’d recommend opting for a paid version. For $259/year, you’ll get unlimited access to the tool, being able to conduct technical SEO audits for your website.
- Powerful crawling and SEO audit features
- Easy to use
- Free version available
- Crawl results are not saved in a free version
- The tool is complex and requires learning
- You have to download the tool to your desktop computer to use it
Free version: 3 free reports per month
Pricing: From $19/m for 10 reports and 1 user seat
Robinize is an AI-powered content optimization tool that can help you create SEO-friendly content to rank in organic search results. It does this by analyzing the top-ranking results for your target keywords and providing you with insights into what content is working well and what you can do to improve your own content.
Robinize is a cost-effective alternative to pricy SEO tools that can generate related keywords, post outlines, and give you hints on whether your content is optimized for your target audience.
I’ve tested the tool and wrote a Robinize review if you want to learn more about this agency SEO software.
Robinize is a relatively new tool that’s actively growing. That’s why it has simple navigation and straightforward functionality.
I wrote several articles using Robinize SEO hints to check how they perform and whether its recommendations are worth implementing.
Mighty Networks review is one such article. You can see keyword recommendations to the right, highlighted keywords, content readability, word count, and 9/10 content grade.
It’s worth mentioning that I’ve added only 14 out of 51 recommended terms in the article. In particular, I’ve added the most essential keywords directly related to the target keyword. However, some terms like “cons,” “customer support,” or “ease of use” were skipped.
The article was published on June 1st, 2023. I took the following screenshot on July 5th — one month since the publication date. Check the report below to see how the article performs.
As a content creator and SEO specialist, I can certainly say that by using Robinize’s recommendations, you can create optimized content for your agency’s website. If you are interested in trying Robinize, here is a registration link for you.
- It’s very easy to understand and use.
- SERP overview for the target keyword.
- Convenient editor for content writing and optimization.
- Ability to assess and optimize content in 13 languages.
- Limited functionality.
- No integrations with other tools.
Free version: Unavailable
Pricing: from $24/m
Ranktracker is a popular SEO ranking software for agencies that help track your website’s ranking in search engines. It can track your ranking for a variety of keywords, including both branded and non-branded keywords. Ranktracker also provides you with insights into your website’s traffic and organic search performance.
I’ve used Ranktracker while working as a marketing specialist at a product design company to monitor website performance and make data-driven decisions. It was one of the tools I used daily!
Here are some of the Ranktracker features worth mentioning:
- Keyword tracking: Even if you use the cheapest Ranktracker version, you can still track up to 100 keyword movements daily.
- Traffic insights: Ranktracker provides you with insights into your website’s traffic and organic search performance.
- SEO reports: Ranktracker generates SEO reports that you can use to track your progress and make informed decisions about your SEO strategy.
- Customization: The tool is highly customizable, so you can track the data that is most important to you.
- Integrations: It integrates with a variety of other SEO tools, so you can get a complete picture of your SEO performance.
- Powerful SEO functionality at affordable pricing.
- Provides an instant overview of your most important SEO metrics.
- Automated daily, weekly, and monthly SEO report updates.
- There is no free plan.
- It might take some time to learn how the tool works.
Free version: Unavailable
Pricing: From $29/m for 3 articles and 10 keyword research
SurferSEO is an SEO tool that focuses on content optimization and provides data-driven recommendations to improve the search engine performance of web pages. It offers a variety of features to help users optimize their content for higher rankings and organic traffic.
In my opinion, SurferSEO looks similar to Robinize, assessing the SERP, offering related keywords, and analyzing your on-page SEO. However, SurferSEO has advanced functionality, including integrations with WordPress, Semrush, Google Docs, and Jasper.
- Ability to export your article to WordPress.
- The tool allows you to compare your content against top-ranking pages for specific keywords. It provides data on the average word count, keyword density, backlink profiles, and other factors of these high-performing pages, giving you insights into what works well in your industry.
- SurferSEO includes a built-in content editor that allows you to write and optimize your content directly within the tool.
- SurferSEO’s recommendations are based on data and analysis of high-performing pages.
- Additional payment is required for add-ons.
- Limited off-page SEO features.
- SurferSEO relies on data from search engines and other sources to provide its recommendations. In cases where data availability is limited or inconsistent, the tool’s suggestions may not always be as accurate or relevant.
Trial: 7-day free trial
Free version: Available for 1 website, 5 keyword reports, and 5 SEO reports per month
Pricing: From $49/m for a DIY plan
CanIRank is an SEO tool that helps you track your website’s ranking in search engines and identify areas where you can improve your SEO performance.
I’ve tested the tool and wrote an in-depth CanIRank review if you want to learn more about it. Based on my experience, CanIRank is an excellent SEO software for agencies and individual website owners willing to get actionable SEO recommendations.
The tool offers unique features you’ll most likely won’t find in other popular tools. For example, CanIRank assesses to what extent your desired keyword is hard to rank for your website. Besides, it provided clear guidelines on what you should do to achieve it.
- CanIRank provides recommendations to optimize your website’s on-page elements, including title tags, meta descriptions, headings, and content.
- There is a free trial to help you test the tool.
- The platform offers customized recommendations, progress tracking, and data visualization to help you make informed decisions and measure your SEO success.
- It will take time to understand every CanIRank report and benefit from the recommendations.
- CanIRank can confuse your website with another if the domain names are similar.
I’ve reviewed the best SEO software for agencies I’ve tried and used in the past years of offering SEO blog post writing services.
This list will continue growing as soon as I find more helpful tools to recommend.
I’ve compiled this list of frequently asked questions for you. If you have a question and want me to answer it, feel free to leave your comment below.
What is agency SEO software?
SEO software products for agencies are tools and platforms designed to help manage and optimize search engine optimization (SEO) campaigns. These software solutions typically offer a wide range of features and functionalities to streamline and automate various aspects of SEO.
When I worked as an SEO specialist at design and marketing agencies, my go-to tools were the following:
What is the best SEO reporting software for agencies?
There are several SEO reporting software options available for agencies, each with its own strengths and features. The best choice for a particular agency will depend on its specific needs, budget, and preferred functionalities.
Based on my experience, I’d recommend Semrush for SEO reporting needs.
Semrush allows you to create highly customizable reports tailored to your specific needs. You can choose from a variety of templates or create your own reports from scratch, selecting the metrics and data visualizations you want to include.
Semrush integrates with various data sources, including its own extensive database, Google Analytics, Google Search Console, and third-party sources. This integration allows you to gather comprehensive data and insights for your SEO reports.
What local SEO software for agencies should I use?
When it comes to local SEO software for agencies, there are several options available that can assist you in optimizing clients’ websites for local search.
Here are a few popular solutions:
- Moz Local
- SE Ranking
Related blog posts
SEO writing A Guide to SEO for Lead Generation In 2023 written by Victoria Kurichenkoposted on February 23, 2023As an SEO writing expert, I often hear the following complaints from my current clients and prospects:We want to use SEO for lead generation but do not know how.We struggle to implement …
SEO writing 20 SEO Content Writing Services For 2023 written by Victoria Kurichenko posted on February 1, 2023 As a marketer and SEO expert, I often rely on various SEO content writing services when I work on my own and clients’ projects. In particular, professional SEO content writing services help …